Film,Television and Sound Production
SAQA ID: 58394
122 Minimum Credits
2 Years (Year 2 Curriculum)
The purpose of Film Television and Sound Production courses is to ensure specialist competence in all the disciplines related to film and television production, including camera, lighting, vision control, vision mixing, editing, recording, sound and captioning competence, with the elective component allowing for this specialisation. Although qualifying learners are not able to make creative choices, they are capable of working under direction, and to specification, making suggestions to those with creative decision making powers.
To qualify to undertake Film Television and Sound Production courses. The following requirements are to be met
– Math literacy at NQF L4.
– Communication NQF L4.
– Computer lit. NQF L3.
– Physical Science NQF L4.
– Visual awareness.
– Can use equipment in an area of film and television.
– Can process information in an area of film and television.
– Describe roles and responsibilities in film & TV.
– Can schedule projects.
– ID 48671: NC: Music Industry: Sound Technology, NQF Level 5.
– ID 20613: ND: Event Co-ordination, NQF L5.
– ID 14590: ND: Freight Handling Logistics, NQF L 5.
– ID 58395: NC: Project Management, NQF L5.
– ID 58309: ND: Project Management, NQF L5.
– NC: Business Management, NQF L5.
– ND: Business Management, NQF L5.
Vertical: First degrees and Diplomas in Business Management; NQF L6, and Project Management; NQF L6.
- Organise Production Resources
- Plan & Assess Film/TV Requirements
- Implement Production Processes
- Film/TV Business Principles